Middlesbrough Children Matter has a permanent job vacancy for a Special Educational Needs & Quality Assurance Lead based in Middlesbrough offering a salary between £43,857 - £45,859 per annum (subject to progression).
Middlesbrough launched Futures for Families in the summer of 2020 and already it has made a massive difference to the young people and families in Middlesbrough. We are looking for an individual to take on the new exciting role as Restorative Relational Practice coordinator. This is a truly unique opportunity for an individual to work in a different way. The role needs people to be resilient, flexible, enthusiastic, and the ability to work within a large service and oversee and coordinator the Restorative Academy and to able to react positively remaining Restorative to meet the needs of young people and families in Middlesbrough.
As post holder you will lead and coordinate the restorative academy and relational practice across futures for families and develop and embed Relationship Based and Restorative based Practice across Futures for Families. The role will be based within futures for Families and will support to deliver an effective service to children and families identified who need restorative work. The role will be required to work collaboratively to ensure the Council’s vision of enabling families through restorative and relational practice.
Requirements of the Post include:
1. A recognised NVQ 3 or QCF diploma in working with children and young people, that the manager deems equivalent relevant to the work.
2. A relevant degree or the ability to demonstrate an understanding of the theoretical concepts relevant to the work.
3. Knowledge and a clear understanding of Restorative and Relational Practice.
4. Understanding of the needs of children – including children with special needs, challenging behaviour and emotional difficulties.
5. Experience of working with children.
If you'd be interested in this job vacancy please apply now!